Speculative Design Introduction (Spring)
In this course you learn about the basics of using Speculative Design within business and organisational contexts to create meaningful impact. You'll get up to speed on new thinking, methods, and techniques related to futures practice. We focus on practical applications of the approach, and prepare individuals to apply what they have learned to their own practice or organizational settings. This course is perfect for researchers, strategists, designers, product leads, and business leaders. You'll leave with a good understanding of what speculative design is and how it can be applied in your work as well as a toolkit of frameworks and approaches.
★★★★★ (4.88 / 5 Stars) (32)
100% of our past participates would recommend this course to others. (Seriously, it's true!)
You will leave with:
- A new approach to product and service development & innovation
- An empathetic approach to systems thinking
- Frameworks for connecting long term considerations and near term action
- Freshly ignited creativity and energy for change
- An approach to shaping organizational change, strategy and purpose
- Opportunities for networking around deep purpose with other alumni
This course is for:
- Designers, Strategists, or Researchers, or anyone interested in using speculative design in their work
- Anyone interested in learning about the basics of speculative design
- Anyone interested in learning about the commercial applications of speculative design
J. Paul Neeley - Designer & Researcher
Ted Hunt - Speculative Designer
Gemma Jones - Cultural Strategist
We are finding ways to make School of Critical Design a more inclusive and representative forum as we address the critical challenges facing our planet, people, and organisations.
We understand that income and means is unequal across personal, regional, and global contexts. To accommodate these differences we ask you to self-select from the following price bands.
Please consider which price band you can afford without financial anxiety. Higher price bands are enabling those with less financial security to participate.
If your organisation is funding your training please opt for the top band. If you organisation is non-profit/ academic and funding your place we suggest you opt for the second or third band. If you are in an early stage or your career or a student and you are self funding please choose the third band.
A: £1000 - NO DISCOUNT CODE
B: £900 - use code MCLASSB
C: £500 - use code MCLASSC
For more information on multiple spots on a program or to discuss a bespoke version of this course for your team please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
We are also happy to invoice your company for spots on the course if that is easier. Contact email@example.com for details.
Interested in bringing speculative design or semiotics for innovation into your organization?
We can run any of our courses or lectures for your organization or in-house teams.
We develop custom topic and futures explorations for your organization.