Speculative Design Introduction
In this course you learn about the basics of using Speculative Design within business and organisational contexts to create meaningful impact. You'll get up to speed on new thinking, methods, and techniques related to futures practice. We focus on practical applications of the approach, and prepare individuals to apply what they have learned to their own practice or organizational settings. This course is perfect for researchers, strategists, designers, product leads, and business leaders. You'll leave with a good understanding of what speculative design is and how it can be applied in your work as well as a toolkit of frameworks and approaches.
You will leave with:
- A new approach to product and service development & innovation
- An empathetic approach to systems thinking
- Frameworks for connecting long term considerations and near term action
- Freshly ignited creativity and energy for change
- An approach to shaping organizational change, strategy and purpose
- Opportunities for networking around deep purpose with other alumni
This course is for:
- Designers, Strategists, or Researchers, or anyone interested in using speculative design in their work
- Anyone interested in learning about the basics of speculative design
- Anyone interested in learning about the commercial applications of speculative design
J. Paul Neeley - Designer & Researcher
Ted Hunt - Speculative Designer
Gemma Jones - Cultural Strategist
For more information or to discuss a bespoke course for your team please contact email@example.com (A limited number of student and low income places are available on request)
We are happy to invoice your company for spots on the course if that is easier. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
Interested in bringing speculative design or semiotics for innovation into your organization?
We can run any of our courses or lectures for your organization or in-house teams.
We develop custom topic and futures explorations for your organization.